Here are some things that are interesting to me at the moment:
1. Mountain biking with clipless pedals. Haven’t rode in a while. Got all tangled up with scuba thing during the winter. Now that it’s spring, I dusted off the Gary Fisher and put the cleats back on. Been riding around Oak Cliff in anticipation that it will quit raining one of these weekends that I’m in town and I might actually be able to ride a trail again!
2. Doctor Who. I was a big fan back when I was just a kid. Now the new series with David Tennant has whetted my appetite again. Seriously, if you haven’t checked out the new show, do yourself a favor and rent a DVD. No more wobbly sets and laughable “monsters.” Probably one of the best shows on TV at the moment and its got a lot of heart…oh, and I’m still a fan of the classic series, but the new one has sort of spoiled me!
3. The Beatles. Snagged a copy of the Anthology series on DVD (almost 10 hours of video. Yikes!) and it confirmed two things — that the Beatles are probably the greatest rock band of all time (sorry Stones fans) and McCartney is an absolute egomaniac. Encouraged me to get the new “Love” CD which is pretty cool. I especially recommend it to young/new fans who aren’t totally over saturated but it’s good for older folks as well.
4. Coca-Cola Zero. I’ve been on the wagon for the past three weeks and Coca-Cola Zero has been my tipple of choice. I actually like the taste…a bit sweeter than Diet Coke but satisfying. Great, just what I need, another habit I must break.
5. Firestone Tires. Put some brand new ones on my car. It’s like driving a new vehicle. It’s pretty surprising how a new set will make that much of a difference.